Most talked about Fox 5 San Diego stories

Jessica Sanchez sings a Christmas carol

Couple sickened by carbon monoxide in South Bay

fox5sandiego.com — CHULA VISTA, Calif. - A couple was hospitalized in Chula Vista after a possible carbon monoxide leak Thursday morning. Chula Vista firefighters responded to the couple's house on the 400 block of Del Mar Court after a woman called for help. The gas wall heater in the couple's allegedly malfunctioned, investigator said.

Hearing for SDSU sex assault suspect canceled

fox5sandiego.com — SAN DIEGO - The case against a San Diego State University student suspected of sexually assaulting a woman during a party near the campus remained under review Thursday. Francisco Paiva Sousa, 20, was initially scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon, but District Attorney's Office spokesman Steve Walker said late this morning that the case had been taken off the court calendar.

Love San Diego: the Osterink Family

Love San Diego: the Zetterburg Family

County has twice as many flu cases than last year

fox5sandiego.com — Posted 11:21 AM, December 17, 2014, by Fox 5 Digital Team, SAN DIEGO - County health officials warned the number of flu cases reported this season is more than double the amount of cases reported last year. San Diego County Health and Human Services reported 263 lab-confirmed influenza cases in the county as of Wednesday.