Well, hello there, May! Just like that, another month has passed us by.
Take a look at the top PR/journalism posts around the web from the month of April. Also, stick around to discover the top five stories from right here on the Muck Rack blog.
1. 5 moments from the Shorty Awards that show the power of new media: April is always one of our favorite months of the year because....SHORTY AWARDS! Mashable's Proma Khosla highlighted 5 moments from the Awards (Oh, and you can catch Muck Rack's recap here).
3. A PR pro’s guide to Facebook News and new features: Are you paying attention to Facebook, PR pros and journalists? They are making all kinds of changes that impact our industries. Gini Dietrich breaks it down.
4. The Snapchat 101: The Best, Coolest, Smartest, Weirdest Accounts on the Hottest Social Network on Your Phone: Prepare to spend even more time consuming Snapchat stories! NY Magazine's Madison Malone Kircher and Caroline Moss and compiled a list of 101 Snapchatters you should be following. (Muck Rack is compiling a list of journalists on Snapchat- if you fit that category, let us know!)
5. The changing media landscape…and what it means for media relations: Interesting. PR pro Arik Hanson says, "The media world shifted. But, we (public relations professionals) haven’t shifted with it." Agree or disagree?
1. America now has nearly 5 PR people for every reporter, double the rate from a decade ago by Mike Rosenberg (This post is going viral with more than 700 shares!)
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of April in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a communications professional, writer, personal branding expert and speaker in the Philadelphia area. After six years in the corporate PR world, Jessica left her job to run her own communications agency, blog/brand and teach yoga. She blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy: stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals and live a life that makes you truly happy.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested in writing for us, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.
Photo: Open notebook via Shutterstock