Learn how Hubbell, a world leader in lighting innovation, uses Muck Rack to:
Director of Public Relations for Hubbell Lighting Michael McCullough, shares his experience and results using the platform. We sat down with Michael to find out the answers to these five fast questions.
1. How has PR changed in the past several years? How has Muck Rack helped you keep up?
I’ve been working in the PR industry for 17 years. I was around in a day when we used Excel to make static media lists. Muck Rack’s media lists are constantly being updated. That’s been pretty helpful because it’s the power of the software that allows me to not have to think about whether something needs to be updated and allows me to skip ahead to the actual engagement process with reporters.
2. What would you tell other companies considering using Muck Rack?
There’s hidden value in using Muck Rack that they probably aren’t even considering but after a few months or years of use will become apparent.
For example, Muck Rack has helped me become more visible in the eyes of various stakeholders within the company. You might not think about those added benefits when you enter into an agreement!
3. If you had to explain how you use Muck Rack to someone in a 140-character tweet or a 10-second Snapchat story, what would you say?
“@MuckRack gives me access to media intelligence that helps me be better at my job.”
4. How would you describe your experience with Muck Rack in three words?
Ease of use.
5. What would your job be like if you didn’t have Muck Rack?
I’d spend a lot more time on a daily basis hunting down intel that because of Muck Rack is packaged and delivered right to my inbox. I couldn’t imagine adding this activity to my daily “to-do” list.
“Muck Rack is an incredible monitoring tool. On a daily basis, I receive a report that casts a wide net to see what’s being said about my company, our brands, the industry, as well as our competitors.”