Muck Rack's monthly top picks: 7 links we loved in August
Before we officially bid adieu to summer and welcome fall, get schooled with some of the top posts in the PR and journalism space online from the past month.
2. ARod, PEDS: MLB’s continuing PR problem: Baseball’s got a serious image problem. President of JRM Comm, Jason Mollica, discusses some of the lingering PR questions and concerns in the wake of ARod’s suspension.
3. PR problems: Is it time to fire your agency?: Yikes…when a PR agency’s not getting results, sometimes you need to say bye bye! Kate Finley, president of Belle Communications shares more reasons why you may need to fire an agency in this post for Spin Sucks.
4. The power of listening: As PR pros, we do a lot of talking, but we also need to become excellent listeners. In a post for Waxing Unlyrical, Kirk Hazlett explains the true power of listening in communications.
5. Radio: seven ways to rock your next interview: Doing a radio interview can be nerve-wracking. Brad Phillips, also known as Mr. Media Training and author of The Media Training Bible, dishes out seven simple tips to make your next on-air spot a breeze in this post for Deirdre Breakenridge’s blog.
6. Can a simple Google update create a big impact on PR?: Everyone’s talking about Google and its recent changes that may affect PR pros (we even mentioned it in last month’s roundup). Jason Poulos provides his expert take on the topic in this post for The Buzz Bin.
7. An idiot’s guide to PR- lessons for SEO and digital marketing: Need to explain to someone what PR is NOT? Send them this smart post by Heather Yaxley for the PR Conversations blog.
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of August in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.