Departments Editor at Comstock’s Magazine
Departments Editor at Comstock’s Magazine - This Sacramento-based publication is seeking a departments editor to start immediately at $40-$45k, commensurate with experience.
- Candidates must hold a degree in journalism and have at least five solid years of editing and reporting experience
- Be exceptionally organized and able to juggle many tasks and deadlines at once
- Have experience managing or leading teams of writers
- Have excellent command of AP style
- Have outstanding verbal communication skills
- An understanding of writing for SEO
- A solid social media presence is a plus
For more information on expectations on requirements, see the full listing here. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your résumé, a short cover letter, a sample of your business reporting and a before-and-after sample of your content editing to firstname.lastname@example.org; please type “I love cookies” in the subject line (yes, really). Comstock's will not consider candidates without editing clips.
Your cover letter should explain your experience, your editing abilities and your understanding and interest in the issues that Comstock's covers. Please refrain from sending multiple emails, and please do not call.
Check out more full Muck Rack jobs descriptions here.