Featured journalist: Halle Stockton

We're delighted to announce that today's featured journalist is Halle Stockton, a social justice reporter (we like the sound of that!) with PublicSource. As one might imagine, she covers a wealth of topics that fall under the umbrella of human rights: vulnerable populations, overlooked communities, poverty, care of children and elderly, homelessness, veterans affairs, and state oversight of health and welfare systems, to name just a few.

The Erie, Pa. native is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where she got her start on the path to journalism as managing editor of the independent student-run newspaper. She then became a staff writer at the Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune for four years before joining PublicSource. In 2007, she won the William Randolph Hearst Foundation's national writing championship. Stockton has been awarded two grants for a special reporting project related to social justice. One is a George Polk grant for investigative reporting; the second is from the Fund for Investigative JournalismStockton was also selected by the Journalism and Women Symposium as a fellow for its 2013 Conference & Mentoring Project this October in Vermont.

For a direct taste of Stockton's work on the social justice beat, be sure to check out her Muck Rack portfolio, which includes headlines that beckon you to read them, such as "Troops returning to face more struggles back home" and "Fractured lives along the Susquehanna."

Remember: If you also want to be featured here, you should 1) set up your own journalist portfolio 2) get verified and 3) let us know by emailing Kirsten.

Learn how to get more press, set up alerts that are "better than Google Alerts" and make reports on the impact of articles.

Request a Muck Rack Demo