Muck Rack's Monthly Top Picks: 5 Links We Loved In May
Happy (almost!) summer! We couldn't be more excited for sunshine-y days, BBQs and of course, more awesome journalism and PR related content from around the web. If you missed it, we round it all up for you, so let's get right to it. Take a look at some of the top posts in the PR and journalism space online from May. Oh! And also, read on to discover the top five links from right here on the Muck Rack blog.
Links We Loved
1. Target in crisis: five lessons from the chief marketing officer: Target has been in the limelight (in a not-so-positive way) quite a lot over the past few months. The ever-smart Gini Dietrich offers up her expert opinion on how Target's CMO is handling the crisis.
2. The dark side of PR: thy name is "control": If there's one thing PR people love, it's control. Yes, we love it, but Arik Hanson raises a smart point: is that style of being controlling really best suited for the new world of PR?
3. Training clients on the do's and don'ts: Landing a new client is exciting, but onboarding them is even more important to a long and fruitful relationship. Karen Pierce Gonzalez shares insights into her client onboarding process for the Solo PR blog.
4. Who’s behind that tweet? Here’s how 7 news orgs manage their Twitter and Facebook accounts: Ever wondered how some of the top news orgs in the world manage their social media presence? Wonder no more. Joseph Lichterman of Nieman Journalism Labs got the lowdown from the likes of the NY Times, WSJ and more.
5. How to pitch media: tips from a digital editor: Heather Whaling interviews Columbia Biz First managing editor Doug Buchanan about ways PR people can pitch the media better, along with the ONE THING PR people should not do to catch a journalist's attention.
Top Posts From The Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of May in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at email@example.com.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a PR professional in the Philadelphia area and blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy- stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.