Job moves for Wednesday
Here's some top job changes in the journalism world:
- Harry McCracken announces he will be hopping aboard FastCompany as technology editor. See our complete write-up here.
- Lauren Johnson will soon join Fox 29 Philadelphia as a weekend anchor, leaving behind Fox 35 Orlando. See our complete write-up here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the news industry:
- The Smithsonian has named Clive Thompson technology columnist. A longtime contributing writer for New York Times Magazine as well as a columnist for Wired, Thompson will contribute to the magazine on a monthly basis.
- Stockholm bureau chief John Stoll will join The Wall Street Journal's Detroit bureau as global autos editor.
- At Reuters, Georgina Prodhan was named chief correspondent, company news in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Also at Reuters, Liana Baker has changed her coverage to mergers and acquisitions in technology, media and telecom industries.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!