Journalism job moves for Wednesday
Some top news from around the industry:
- Rachel Smolkin soon joins CNN as executive editor for CNN Politics. Read our complete write-up here.
- Bob Cusack is the next editor in chief of The Hill. Read our complete write-up here.
- The Hill's current EIC Hugo Gurdon will depart for the Washington Examiner, where he will be editorial director. Read our complete write-up here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in news:
- Fareed Zakaria joins The Atlantic and its business site Quartz as contributing editor. He will also remain a host with CNN and a columnist with The Washington Post.
- Madeleine Haeringer is tapped for the role of NBC News' executive producer of international news. She is currently senior producer there.
- Malika Touré joins Advertising Age as a reporter. She joins from Ad Age’s sister publication Creativity, where she was as an intern.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!