Journalism job moves for Friday
- In the most well-deserved promotion ever, the Associated Press has tapped Krista Larson for West Africa bureau chief. Larson is well known and often praised for her coverage of the Ebola outbreak as well as the Central African Republic conflict. Read our complete and glowing write-up here!
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Confirming earlier suspicions and our own speculative coverage, Josh Rogin has joined Bloomberg View as national security and international affairs columnist. Rogin was previously senior correspondent for the Daily Beast and will remain a political analyst for CNN.
- Because they're a package deal, on Nov. 17 Eli Lake also joins Rogin at Bloomberg View as a national security and international affairs columnist. Lake most recently served as Daily Beast's senior national security reporter.
- S. Mitra Kalita will soon be executive editor-at-large at Quartz. Kalita is finishing up as ideas editor there but will return full-time again next year.
- To fill Kalita's shoes, Paul Smalera will join Quartz on Nov. 5 as their next ideas editor. Smalera currently serves as editor of The New York Times' Op-Talk and its opinion app.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!