Journalism job moves for Thursday
So many highlights for today:
- The New York Times promotes Dean Chang (right) to Metro print editor. Chang was previously a city editor there.
- The Wall Street Journal names Karen Leigh (far right) deputy Middle East bureau chief. Leigh was most recently the managing editor at Syria Deeply.
- Also with WSJ, Brad Reagan will soon be banking editor there. Reagan is currently the Journal's investing editor.
- We bid adieu to WSJ reporter Steven Russolillo, who resigns to join Goldman Sachs as a financial writer in its asset management group.
- Bethany McLean is now a contributing columnist at Fortune. McLean will continue as contributing editor for Vanity Fair and as a contributor to CNBC.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!