Journalism job moves for Friday
Here are some top stories before we wrap up for the week:
- Today is tech journalist Micah Singleton's last day with The Daily Dot. Next stop: The Verge, where he'll start Dec. 1 as a tech culture reporter. Read all about it here in our complete write-up.
- Fellow-turned-full-timer Victoria St. Martin is now officially a reporter for The Washington Post's Manassas bureau. Read more about it in our complete write-up here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Polina Marinova joins Fortune as an associate editor of audience engagement for Fortune.com. Marinova was previously social media editor at OZY.com.
- David Plazas will join The Tennessean on Nov. 24 as lead engagement editor. Plazas is currently the senior digital editor with the Fort Myers News-Press.
- On Monday, Marina Marraco begins reporting for WTTG FOX 5 in Washington, D.C. Marraco comes from NBC affiliate WESH 2 News in Orlando, where she's credited with covering everything from Hurricane Sandy to the George Zimmerman trial.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!