Some terrific highlights this morning in job news:
- CNN has created a new position: seasoned CNN pro Laura Bernardini will be the network's first DC Director of News Coverage. Read our complete write-up here.
- Not to be outdone, The New York Times debutes a new role, too: that of growth editor, features, and Simone S. Oliver is the first. Read the whole story here.
Meanwhile, other noteworthy news in the industry:
- Also at the NY Times, Serge Kovaleski moves to the culture department as investigative news reporter, starting Dec. 8. Kovaleski is currently a national news correspondent there.
- At the Washington Post, Greg Jaffe started this week as a White House reporter. Jaffe was previously a military reporter there.
- Also at WaPo, Steve Mufson joins the White House beat as well. Mufson is currently energy correspondent and financial staff writer there.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!