Journalism job moves for Thursday
Important career updates for today:
- Media critic Jack Shafer announced last night that he is leaving Reuters. Read our complete write-up here.
- The Washington Post introduces Chelsea Janes, the Post's newest sports reporter on the Nationals beat. Read all about it here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Seth Robbins joins The Associated Press on Jan. 5 as a San Antonio correspondent covering central and south Texas. Robbins is currently a freelance journalist in El Salvador focused on crime and military beats.
- ESPN promotes Hugo Balta to senior director of multicultural content for its digital and print media teams. Balta was most recently a coordinating producer there.
- MSNBC promotes Adam Noboa to segment producer for Up with Steve Kornacki. Noboa was previously associate producer there.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!