Journalism job moves for Tuesday
In top career moves for today:
- Katie Hawkins-Gaar will be Poynter’s first Digital Innovation faculty member. Hawkins-Gaar is wrapping up as editor of CNN’s iReport.
- Ethan Bronner soon joins Bloomberg News as managing editor for international government. Bronner is currently deputy national editor for The New York Times.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- The New York Times Magazine adds Jenna Wortham as staff writer. She is currently a technology reporter for The New York Times.
- Tony Hernandez joins The Oregonian as a local governments reporter. Hernandez was most recently serving the same role for the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Carli Brosseau also joins The Oregonian as a data reporter for the Justice team. Brosseau previously held the same position with the Arizona Daily Star.
- The Oregonian promotes Ben Sherman to director of sports and multimedia for the publication as well as OregonLive.com. Sherman was previously director of digital operations.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!