Journalism job moves for Wednesday
So many highlights for today's career changes:
- Digital deputy Amy O'Leary (first row, at left) of the New York Times just departed for Upworthy. Read all about it here.
- Former Associated Press reporter Nigel Duara (first row, right) is now a national correspondent with the LA Times. Find out more here.
- The Atlantic welcomes Yoni Appelbaum (middle, left) as politics editor, while Sophie Gilbert (middle, right) is now culture editor there and Spencer Kornhaber and David A. Graham (bottom, left and right) have been promoted to to staff writers. Read all the details here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Tim Marchman has been promoted to editor-in-chief of Deadspin. Marchman was previously deputy editor there.
- It's Noah Bierman's last week at the Boston Globe. Next up: joining the LA Times covering California delegation and national stories from DC.
- Perry Stein will soon join the Washington Post as local blogger. Stein is currently a city desk reporter at Washington City Paper.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!