Journalism job moves for Thursday
Your career highlights for the day:
- A big change in beat for Rebecca Santana with the Associated Press: the acting bureau chief in Pakistan will soon trade Islamabad for New Orleans. Find out more here.
- The verdict is in: the New York Times "nailed it" by hiring Gilbert Cruz as TV editor. Read all about it here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Sierra Tishgart is now senior editor for the Grub Street blog at New York Magazine. Tishgart previously served as associate editor there.
- Andrea Stone is now career services director for the City University of New York. Stone was most recently a freelance journalist and prior to that, senior executive producer for Digital Newsgathering at Al Jazeera America, where she helped lead the team that launched the network's website.
- John Njiru is departing the news industry in joining Corporate Talk Group as media liaison manager. Njiru was most recently a business journalist with Nation Media Group.
Don’t forget - if you change your job in journalism or move to a different news organization, be sure to email Kirsten (kirsten [at] sawhorsemedia [dot] com) so we can reflect your new title. News job changes only, please! Thanks!