Muck Rack's monthly top picks: 5 links we loved in February
Did somebody say it's March already?! Whoa. While the year still feels fresh, shiny and new, we're chugging right along and the PR and journalism worlds are moving at a faster pace than ever.
It's time to recap our five favorite PR/journalism posts from around the web in February (even though it was a short month, there were lots of goodies, so read on below!). Also, read on to discover the top five stories from right here on the Muck Rack blog.
Links We Loved
1. Ask a reporter: 12 PR questions answered: LinkedIn is quickly becoming one of our favorite social media platforms because journalists are taking to it more than ever before to share their awesome insights. This time, Nicole Fallon, Assistant Editor at Business News Daily, answers 12 burning PR questions.
2. The 20 worst 'Fifty Shades of Grey" PR pitches we got this week: With the release of the much-anticipated flick, The Daily Dot's Miles Klee hilariously rounded up the 20 worst 'Fifty Shades of Grey' pitches they received when the movie came out. YIKES.
3. I got 193 emails pitching Valentine's Day travel stories. Here's how to make yours stand out. Senior Editor for MapQuest & AOL Travel, Jess Moss, gives you a peek into her inbox around Valentine's Day with some tips to make your pitches stand out. There's one tip in here I specifically haven't heard before...and it has to do with weekends.
4. Media relations done well: Ten ways to personalize: It's no secret that we're a little obsessed with Gini Dietrich here at Muck Rack and this complete guide to personalizing your media relations efforts is just one of the many reasons why.
5. Why so many employer brands struggle with social media: Turning the tables to social media, this post by Arik Hanson details why employer brands are struggling with social media (awesome examples, included).
Top Posts From The Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of February in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a PR professional in the Philadelphia area and blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy- stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.