Say hello to spring! April is almost here, but before we officially kiss Old Man Winter goodbye, let's recap our five favorite PR/journalism posts from around the web in March. Also, read on to discover the top five stories from right here on the Muck Rack blog.
Links We Loved
1. Double Shot: Gmail Hacks to Boost Media Relations: Do you use Gmail when you pitch the media? Heather Whaling from Geben Communication has some two great hacks for you: Sidekick and Boomerang.
2. 5 Tips for PR Spring Cleaning: Spring is a great time to declutter and reset for the new season! Crystal Richard from Onboardly shares 5 tips to tune up your PR strategy in the months ahead.
3. The 4 Pillars of Personal Branding: PR pro and personal branding expert Jason Mollica details the four pillars of personal branding: trust, honesty, transparency and responsibility.
4. How to use Medium for PR: Have you ever thought of using the free publishing platform Medium as a PR tool? Launchsquad's Cat Ku details exactly why you should add it to your PR toolbox.
5. PR and Marketing Myths, Busted: Mythbusting time! Zach Burrus from SHIFT Communications asks his fellow SHIFTers to debunk some common myths about working in PR and marketing.
Top Posts From The Muck Rack Blog
1. Lessons learned: A seasoned journalist looks back at a year in PR by Matthew Whittle
2. 8 reasons to hire a PR pro by Michelle Garrett
3. Helping younger PR staffers be happier, more successful media pitchers by Adam Dvorin
4. How to build relationships with media through social channels by Nikki Little
5. Walking a fine line as a communicator on Reddit by Adrienne Erin
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of March in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at email@example.com.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a PR professional in the Philadelphia area and blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy- stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.