Journalism job moves for Thursday
- Borzou Daragahi departs the Financial Times at the end of May to join BuzzFeed's foreign desk as Middle East correspondent. Read more here.
- Also joining BuzzFeed is Washington Post's Anup Kaphle, who will assume the newly created role of senior world editor. Read all about it here.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the industry:
- Phillip Mena will soon join ABC News as a correspondent. Mena is currently weekend anchor and weekday reporter for KPRC Local 2 Houston.
- Al Jazeera America's Ali Velshi will host a new weeknight program called Ali Velshi on Target. Starting May 11, this half-hour evening news show will replace Velshi’s current economics program Real Money with Ali Velshi.
- Sarah Day Owen is now The Desert Sun's Consumer Experience Director. She previously served as Juice Editor for the Des Moines Register.