Your career highlight for today:
- Signaling a move toward harder news, Refinery29 has tapped Al Jazeera America's Kaelyn Forde (right) as executive editor, news. Read all about it here.
Other moves to know this morning:
- Nigel M. Smith has been named entertainment writer at The Guardian. Smith most recently served as managing editor at Indiewire.
- Reuters will soon welcome Dan Freed as a reporter on the U.S. banks beat. Freed is finishing up at TheStreet, where he is a senior writer covering banking, investing and Wall Street.
- Bill Allison joins Foreign Policy as chief investigative reporter. Allison previously served as a senior fellow at the Sunlight Foundation.
- Dan De Luce also joins Foreign Policy as chief national security correspondent. De Luce joins from Agence France-Presse, where he served as Pentagon correspondent.