LifeStyle Editor at The Daily Dot
The Daily Dot is looking for an editor who can effectively lead the Lifestyle section and ensure authoritative coverage of its core focuses: sex and dating, health and body, LGBT issues, food, and fashion. The editor will directly manage a team of staff writers and a stable of freelance contributors, develop story ideas, edit the day’s top news, maintain a features calendar, and assist with promotional efforts and larger strategic development. Daily Dot section editors lead by example with agenda-driving features and breaking news reporting as necessary. The position reports directly to the Managing Editor.
Location - Anywhere, USA!
Desired skills and expertise
- A proven ability to find, pitch, and edit features and direct editorial operations
- Three-plus years of journalism experience
- A thorough understanding of Web culture
- Proven ability to work on deadlines
- Experience working as part of and managing a virtual team a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a section budget and editorial calendar
- Find, assign, and edit stories, ensuring that each one has appropriate art and multimedia
- Hold weekly section meetings
- Help develop and execute social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter, and newsletter promotion
... sounds great to you? Head on over here to apply!