Today's top career news:
- The much beloved New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan (at right) will soon be Washington Post's newest media columnist. Read more here.
Meanwhile, Fortune has made a slew of new hires:
- Lauren Covello joins as editor to run a new vertical called Venture on Fortune.com. Covello previously served as managing editor of Entrepreneur.com, the digital arm of Entrepreneur magazine.
- Rachel King has joined Fortune's tech team as an editor. She joins from CBS Interactive in San Francisco, where she covered business technology for ZDNet and CNET.
- Lucinda Shen also joins Fortune.com as a reporter. Shen recently graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a degree in journalism.
- Sayak “Sy” Mukherjee will also be a writer for Fortune. Mukherjee is tasked with helping write a daily newsletter on the health care/pharmaceutical industry, debuting in late April.