Featured journalist: Olivia Solon

Today's spotlight falls on Olivia Solon, a San Francisco-based freelance journalist focusing on technology, science, startups and digital culture. Telling stories across print, online, podcasts, live events and social media, Solon has held senior editorial roles at Wired UK, Mirror.co.uk and Bloomberg and has been published in The Guardian, New Scientist, Business Life, The Telegraph, Wired.com, FT.com, Elle, Glamour, Marketing Week and Music Week. She has also commented on issues relating to digital culture and technology for broadcasters such as Bloomberg TV, BBC, Channel 4, Radio 4 (Today), Sky News, BBC London, Reuters and G4TV. While Solon didn't get her start in journalism at a high school newspaper, she admits, "I did have a tape cassette radio station called Olivia FM when I was a child." As for the best pitch she's ever received, it was one by "A company prepared to go on the record to talk about installing software that detected child sex abuse images on its employees' computers."  Check out her latest award here as well as some of her best bylines here, in her Muck Rack portfolio!

Remember: If you also want to be featured, you should 1) set up your own journalist portfolio 2) get verified and 3) let us know by emailing Kirsten.

Learn how to get more press, set up alerts that are "better than Google Alerts" and make reports on the impact of articles.

Request a Muck Rack Demo