What's hot this Wednesday
- "Can't wait for Pixar's reboot of 'Shawshank Redemption' starring an octopus instead of Tim Robbins," predicts Ciara O'Rourke, a Ted Scripps Fellow in Environmental Journalism.
- "Get busy swimmin' or get busy dyin'," quips Huffington Post's Hilary Hanson.
- "But no proof that Inky made it to Morgan Freeman," observes WaPo's Dan Zak.
- The Guardian cleverly headlined this story "Octopus legs it to freedom."
- "Je suis Inky," announces Andrew Hawkins at The Verge.
- Freelance journalist Matt Haber declared Inky his "Spirit mollusk."
- Also at The Post, Karoun Demirjian points out, "Octopi: They don't just pick the outcomes of World Cup matches. They also stage prison breaks."
- Gawker's Melissa Cronin offers a slightly more morbid reaction: "The end is nigh, the animals return to the sea, repent ye sinners."
- And perhaps the best comes from Maya Shwayder with Deutsche Welle: "Today, we are all this octopus, who looked around at his life situation and said, 'F**k this.'"
"per a hard count, right now Cleveland is definitely looking like first ballot or bust for Donald Trump." Perhaps that's why Trump appears to have buried the hatchet with Megyn Kelly at Trump Tower. "Peace in our time?" jokes CNN's Brian Stelter. Still, Trump really needs to answer for all those fake Albert Einstein quotes he's tweeted--"probably because the real Einstein was an antiracist one-world socialist," theorizes Matthew R. Francis.
In news just breaking, viral video shows Russian SU-24 fighters harassing a U.S. Navy destroyer over the Baltic Sea. We'd also like to point out to you that tonight we'll watch the last game ever played by Kobe Bryant, who is either basketball's greatest hero or its greatest villain. Plus, regulators are weighing banning Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes for at least two years.