Muck Rack's monthly top picks: five links we loved in September
Hello fall! The season of scarves, sweaters and everything pumpkin has arrived, and so have our top PR/journalism posts from around the web in the month of September.
Take a look at what’s trending and stick around to read the top five stories from the Muck Rack blog.
Links We Loved
1. How to be ready for the spotlight: The founder’s guide to looking ridiculously good online: As a startup founder, there’s no better person poised to tell your story than you, and Onboardly's Renee Warren has a list of tips for being media ready. (Thanks for including Muck Rack!)
2. What the new (upcoming) LinkedIn company page format means for brands: Looks like LinkedIn is BETA testing new brand page layouts. Arik Hanson covers some of the new features to prepare for.
3. 4 PR trends your startup needs to do today: Eric Lewis lays out 4 PR trends to help your startup set attainable PR goals and generate buzz.
4. 5 tips for getting media to ‘swipe right’ on your press release: We love Craig Corbett’s tips for getting a journo’s attention with your next release (Woohoo! Muck Rack is mentioned).
5. Why there’s more to PR than media relations: No matter what we’d like to think, PR pros are not miracle workers. Gini Dietrich reminds us (to remind our clients) that media relations is just a tactic, not a PR strategy, and overnight success is but a dream.
Top Posts From The Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of September in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a communications professional, writer, personal branding expert and speaker in the Philadelphia area. After six years in the corporate PR world, Jessica left her job to run her own communications agency, blog/brand and teach yoga. She blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy: stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals and live a life that makes you truly happy.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested in writing for us, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.
Photo: Open notebook via Shutterstock