Muck Rack's monthly top picks: five links we loved in November
Thanksgiving has passed and the holiday season has arrived in all its cheerful, glowing glory! If you’re still recovering from a turkey hangover, don’t worry. We’ve compiled a list of our top PR/Journalism links from around the web in the month of November to get you back into the swing of things.
Take a look at what’s trending and stick around to read the top five stories from the Muck Rack blog.
Links we loved
1. 10 tweetable tips for winning at holiday-season content: How can you keep readers engaged in your content with so many holiday distractions buzzing around? Rachel Parker has 10 ways to use the season to your advantage.
2. Buzzwords to avoid when pitching anyone: Having a tough time getting members of the media interested in your pitches? You may be using buzzwords journalists hate. Avoid the words on this list from Shift Communications like the plague.
3. The future of social media (and how to prepare for it): The state of social media 2016 report: To better understand where social media marketing is going, Buffer collected data from more than 1,200 marketers to create the State of Social Media 2016 report. See it here.
4. Overcoming the stigma of ‘working from home’: Many organizations are embracing remote working options for their employees, but there are still challenges. PRDaily pulled together some of the most common telecommuting pitfalls and how to overcome them.
5. How to launch a successful PR campaign without a news release: With journalists receiving more and more news releases daily, they’re becoming a less important part of a PR plan. Rebekah Iliff explains how to put together a quality PR campaign without one.
Top Posts from the Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of November in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at email@example.com.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She is a communications professional, writer, personal branding expert and speaker in the Philadelphia area. After six years in the corporate PR world, Jessica left her job to run her own communications agency, blog/brand and teach yoga. She blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy: stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals and live a life that makes you truly happy.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested in writing for us, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.
Photo: Open notebook via Shutterstock