Muck Rack’s monthly top picks: 5 links we loved in January
By now, most people have started their New Year’s Resolutions (and possibly fallen off the wagon - again!). If you’re feeling the mid-winter blues set in, we’ve got a roundup of useful links from around the web to help get you back on track.
Take a look at what’s trending and stick around to read the top five stories from the Muck Rack blog.
Links we loved
1. The next big social network does not exist: Everyone is always searching for the next big thing. What’s the next big social network? How can we get ahead of the curve and find the next Facebook, the next Instagram, etc.? Christopher Penn from Shift Communications has the answer here, but...you may not like it.
2. 10 pitching commandments for PR pros and startups: Launching a startup is time-consuming. For many founders, PR is just a blip on the radar, but good media coverage can help you reach your audiences, including customers and investors. Follow these commandments from Abigail Jaffe to get started.
3. Five ways PR pros can combat fake news: A hot topic lately, the threat of fake news is very real, reaching beyond just politics and into media and culture. So what can PR pros do? Allison Symonds has a few ideas.
4. 10 personal branding experts to follow this year: Building your personal brand is a great way to help your business stand out. Want to discover, build and expand your personal brand? Andrew Medal has compiled the top 10 experts that you need to follow.
5. 5 tips to turn your business blog into a content curation machine: As Forbes.com points out, content curation has become a popular marketing strategy in recent years because it makes content more trustworthy and sharable. To take advantage of that strategy, here are 5 tips from Mike Templeman to turn your business blog into a content curation machine.
Top Posts from the Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of January in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica Lawlor is the features editor for the Muck Rack blog. She's also the president and CEO of Jessica Lawlor & Company (JL&Co), a specialty communications agency focused on content management and creation, public relations and digital marketing. Jessica blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy: stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals and live a life that makes you truly happy.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested in writing for us, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.