Muck Rack’s monthly top picks: 5 links we loved in February
And just like that spring is almost here! The year is flying by already - let’s slow things down with a look at the top PR/journalism links from around the web in the month of February.
Check out what’s trending and stick around to read the top five stories from the Muck Rack blog.
Links we loved
1. Reporters love chatrooms but worry security is slacking: If you work in media (or most other tech-oriented jobs), chances are you've come across Slack. But with the future of press freedom growing murkier every day, Cale Guthrie Weissman asks, “are chatroom apps like Slack really the best way for journalists to communicate?”
2. I ignored Trump news for a week. Here’s what I learned: After *an attempt* to stay Trump-free for a week, Farhad Manjoo discovered a lot about the state of modern media. See how his experiment went and what his biggest takeaways were.
3. Forbes names Muck Rack the #1 Twitter account to follow for brand inspiration: We’re blushing! The Forbes Communications Council recently named Muck Rack the #1 Twitter account to follow for branding inspiration. Read what they had to say.
4. How to measure the success of video communications: Video is hot. However, one area where video-minded PR professionals fall short is how to measure the success of video communications. In this article, Christopher S. Penn takes a look at the video communications funnel today.
5. 7 cardinal sins of deadlines: Your phone buzzes. A reminder flashes on the screen. A lump clogs your throat. You have a deadline, and it is today. We all know the feeling. Here’s Lisa Hawes’s list of seven common mistakes to avoid to ensure you beat the clock.
Top Posts from the Muck Rack Blog
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite PR and journalism links from the month of February in the comments below. Tip us off to other great posts for future link roundups by shooting our features editor an email at email@example.com.
PS- Muck Rack is looking for guest bloggers! If you’re interested in writing for us, check out our submission guidelines and send us a pitch.