Case study: How CTA uses Muck Rack to achieve their goals
“I am a super user of Muck Rack! I use Muck Rack on a daily basis for almost every aspect of my job. It’s a one-stop-shop.”
-Izzy Santa, Director of Policy Communications, Consumer Technology Association
Learn how the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), the group behind CES, uses Muck Rack to:
- Search and connect with top-tier media.
- Find highly-relevant news ahead of major events and happenings with Muck Rack Alerts.
- Seamlessly collaborate on media relations efforts with fellow members of the CTA team.
Director of Policy Communications Izzy Santa, shares her experience and results using the platform. We sat down with Izzy to find out the answers to these five fast questions.
Five Fast Questions with Izzy Santa
1. Tell us about some of CTA’s major communication goals.
I’m part of a strategic communication team focused on thought leadership and policy communications. My job is to make sure our message is reaching policy makers, as well as policy reporters.
2. What has your experience been like working with Muck Rack’s customer success team?
I appreciate that Muck Rack’s customer success team is always listening, and always open to feedback. On more than one occasion, the team has reached out to me to see how we’re doing with the platform, and to ask what types of features we’d like to see in the future.
3. If you had to explain how you use Muck Rack to someone in a 140-character tweet or a 10-second Snapchat story, what would you say?
“@MuckRack is the only way to absorb news quickly and to figure out @CTATech’s effectiveness in getting a message out.”
4. How would you describe your experience with Muck Rack in three words?
Engaging, targeted and effective.
5. What would you tell other companies considering using Muck Rack?
If you’re a small shop operation, this is probably the best solution to help identify journalists and manage lists, but also give you the analytics and metrics you need to help establish goals and results for your company.
If you’re part of a large company like CTA, the collaboration and transparency that exists within the Muck Rack platform helps teams work closer together to make inroads with reporters.