How Lehigh University uses Muck Rack to achieve their PR goals
“Muck Rack is worth it for the search feature alone. After identifying the correct reporter for a possible story at the New York Times, I sent off my pitch. He responded.”
-Lauren Stralo, Media Relations Specialist, Lehigh University
Learn how Lehigh, a four-year premier research university, uses Muck Rack to:
- Search and connect with top-tier media.
- Keep media lists accurate and up-to-date.
- Stay on top of the latest news, changes and happenings in the media world.
Media Relations Specialist Lauren Stralo shares her experience and results using the platform. We sat down with Lauren to find out the answers to these five fast questions.
Five Fast Questions with Lauren Stralo
1. If you had to explain how you use Muck Rack to someone in a 140-character tweet or a 10-second Snapchat story, what would you say?
"Three Years Passed Without a PR Email Faux Pas Being Featured on @DearPR" | A true story of a victory dedicated to @muckrack
2. What would you tell other companies considering using Muck Rack?
If you want accuracy (what PR pro doesn’t?) and an intuitive tool to keep up with the constantly changing PR world, you need to use Muck Rack.
3. How would you describe your experience with Muck Rack in three words?
Timely, trendy and accurate.
4. What would your job be like if you didn’t have Muck Rack?
I’d spent a lot more time building media lists using a variety of different tools. I don’t know if I’d have the same accuracy as I do now!
5. How has PR changed in the past several years? How has Muck Rack helped you keep up?
PR pros have to adjust daily to the changing media landscape. As it shifts, and tech plays a bigger role into how we receive our news, we also need to think about how we interact and pitch to the media.
If I have an expert on media communications and tech – which I do –and there is a trending story that he or she can comment on, I need to get quotes and pitch it within hours. If I’m searching through every outlet pitching the wrong journalist, there goes my placement. More importantly, there goes an opportunity to connect a faculty member who can play a key part in the conversation.
“I want to be good at my job, and Muck Rack helps me do that.” -Lauren Stalo