How car2go uses Muck Rack to achieve their PR goals
"Muck Rack has met and exceeded our expectations in terms of making us a smarter team."
-Amanda Todd, communications specialist, car2go
Learn how car2go, North America’s largest flexible one-way carsharing service, uses Muck Rack to:
- Connect with top-tier media.
- Navigate the ever-changing media landscape with ease.
- Stay up-to-date in real time on who is talking about car2go and the industry.
Communications Specialist Amanda Todd shares her experience and results using the platform. We sat down with Amanda to find out the answers to these five fast questions.
Five Fast Questions with Amanda Todd
1. If you had to explain how you use Muck Rack to someone in a 140-character tweet or a 10-second Snapchat story, what would you say?
“@MuckRack helps us stay ahead of the game in an ever-changing media landscape. Plus, it’s the best tool to find the right reporter to tell the @car2go story.”
2. What would you tell other companies considering using Muck Rack?
I would say you are silly to not consider it! For every one journalist, there are at least five PR professionals doing their best to pitch as effectively as you are. Not only that, but journalists are bouncing to different media outlets constantly. Media relations is so fast-paced, the competition is stiff, and both contribute to the need to find the correct reporter for your news - fast. Speed and accuracy is a delicate dance, and Muck Rack keeps up with the pace by providing constant, real-time crawling of social media – the place where journalists live and interact the most. Since we’ve brought Muck Rack aboard, we are learning every day the value the tool has provided us in this dance.
Really though, I don’t know how teams can be effective in today’s PR world without a tool like this. I just don’t.
3. How would you describe your experience with Muck Rack in three words?
Efficient, Modern, Savvy
4. How has PR changed in the past several years? How has Muck Rack helped you keep up?
The media landscape changes fast, and the pace of change is only increasing. You have to trust in a failsafe way that the media information you need to be effective is up-to-date. I don’t know how you can do that without Muck Rack, and I know because I’ve used other competing tools.
Also, who is considered media these days is changing. Muck Rack helps us identify traditional media, but also where there are other avenues to garner coverage, including bloggers and influencers.
5. What would your job be like if you didn’t have Muck Rack?
Tedious. We have an intern program that serves as extra arms and legs for our small team. To be able to train a new intern in a day on building a press list because the tool is so easy to use? That’s a time saving benefit for us.