How Praytell uses Muck Rack to achieve their PR goals
“The reason we use Muck Rack is that it captures what journalists talk about and care about beyond their two-word beat. It allows us to better understand reporters as a whole and connect with them on a variety of levels.”
- Anne Blessing Tenney, Account Director, Praytell
Learn how Praytell, a creative communications agency blending traditional PR with new school social and digital, uses Muck Rack to:
- Gain access to a large database of relevant media contacts.
- Develop deeper, more meaningful media connections through Muck Rack’s database and pitching platform.
- Create more efficient media lists, saving time.
Account Director Anne Blessing Tenney shares her experience and results using the platform.
Five Fast Questions with Anne Blessing Tenney
1. What would you tell other companies considering using Muck Rack?
Muck Rack is a useful tool that filters out what journalists share and write about, and is worth investing in if making meaningful connections with media is at all a part of your job!
2. How would you describe your experience with Muck Rack in three words?
Relevant, Easy, Informative
3. If you had to explain how you use Muck Rack to someone in a 140-character tweet or a 10-second Snapchat story, what would you say?
“With @muckrack, I can ensure that I’m reaching the right reporters at the right time with news that they can use.”
4. How has PR changed in the past several years? How has Muck Rack helped you keep up?
The world of PR has totally changed even since I entered it nearly a decade ago! The media industry and news consumption have also undergone major shifts. Today, immediacy is everything and journalists are often contributing to several publications at once, and providing content in real-time.
It’s forced me to be more nimble and organized. I want to ensure I’m being accurate but you can’t wait too long to enter conversations--they’re changing so quickly already.
Muck Rack is one way I can keep up by tracking the moves within the media industry and being plugged in to what journalists are saying, when they say it.
5. What would your job be like if you didn’t have Muck Rack?
It would be more difficult and time-intensive for sure! By collating Twitter feeds and capturing articles freelance journalists write all in one, easy-to-view place, I’m able to quickly determine if a journalist is a good fit for a story while double-checking for accurate title and contact information.