Halifax Regional Police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old woman after she was found on a path in the area of Albro Lake Road and Farrell Street in Dartmouth Tuesday night. Police said in a release the woman was found in medical distress at around 10 p.m. She was then rushed hospital where she later died. Police are currently treating the death as suspicious but no suspects have yet been identified. The woman’s identity is being withheld pending the notification of her next of kin.
Nova Scotia RCMP are investigating two separate fatal crashes that happened in different parts of the province late Thursday after vehicles left the road and struck trees. The first crash happened around 4:10 p.m. in Colchester County. According to police, a vehicle had gone off the road on Highway 224 in Pine Grove, N.S., and struck a tree. Police said the male driver died in hospital, while a female passenger suffered critical injuries.
Halifax based DHX Media announced the company has acquired rights to the Peanuts and Strawberry Shortcake franchises on Wednesday. The $345 million deal was made for 80 percent of Peanuts and 100 percent of Strawberry Shortcake. READ MORE: Donation from DHX Media to help NSCAD student complete various programsThe remaining 20 per cent interest in Peanuts will continue to be held by members of the family of creator Charles Schulz.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Obama AND Romney or Obama + Romney.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used.) For example, search for democrat OR republican to find results that refer to
Democrats and/or Republicans.
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".