It's summer in New Orleans, which means high temperatures and regular thunderstorms. This weekend's forecast calls for low in the upper 70s Friday night (July 21), according to the National Weather Service. Saturday will be partly cloudy, forecasters say, with a 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. Temperatures will rise to the upper 80s, with lows in the upper 70s at night. There's a higher chance for storms on Sunday, with mostly cloudy skies and a 60 percent chance of precipitation.
A 26-year-old man was identified as a "person of interest" in a shooting Monday (July 17) that began in the Lower 9th Ward, New Orleans Police said. The shooting, which was described as a "gun battle" that involved two vehicles and injured a 21-year-old man, began in the 2400 block of Roffignac Street, police said. The vehicles apparently traveled to the 1600 block of Spain Street in the St. Roch area, where police could be seen searching for evidence Monday evening.
New Orleans Police released a surveillance video of an armed robbery that occurred at a Shell gas station in the 3000 block of Elysian Fields Avenue on July 13. The robbery occurred at about 2 p.m. A man partially covered his face with a bandana and then approached the front counter, pulling out a small black semiautomatic handgun as he approached the store's clerk. Police said there was a brief struggle before the clerk opened up the cash register.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Obama AND Romney or Obama + Romney.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used.) For example, search for democrat OR republican to find results that refer to
Democrats and/or Republicans.
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".