New York/Remote, Full-Time
Muck Rack is looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-growing tech startup based in New York with teammates working remotely across the world. Our mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful.
Journalists use Muck Rack to build and manage portfolios, track the reach of stories, find career opportunities and keep up with industry news. PR pros and companies use Muck Rack to find and contact the most relevant journalists for their stories, monitor what’s being said about their company or competitors, track the success of their media campaigns and report on their success.
About the position
You’ll be working alongside product stakeholders, engineers, designers and business teams to facilitate the development of new features and manage ongoing issue resolution while shaping our product, culture (in-office and remote) and processes.
We rely on Trello, Github, Slack, Intercom, Zapier and a host of other project management and analytics tools, but you’ll be tasked with setting up new systems that will help us launch new, innovative products while maintaining Muck Rack’s existing features.
- Leading and managing the technical development, quality assurance and launch of innovative products.
- Submitting and managing the resolution of bugs reported by Muck Rack team members, users and automated systems.
- Coming up with new product ideas and creating specifications for development.
- Collecting and prioritizing new product ideas, conducting research and analyzing usage statistics to identify opportunities or areas in need of improvement.
- Defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of products.
- Sending weekly, detailed product roadmap and development updates.
- Helping develop the long-term roadmap.
- Acting as a liaison between engineering, design and business teams to organize feedback that will help shape the product roadmap.
- Leading and participating in planning meetings and provide advice and guidance on direction of products.
- Collaborating and communicating with customers and team members to ensure a well-rounded understanding of existing products.
- You are an excellent note taker, extremely detail oriented and have superb organization skills.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments without micromanaging ongoing processes.
- You are an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) capable of collaborating with design, engineering, marketing, business teams and our users.
- You are entrepreneurial and have interest or experience in project management, entrepreneurship or the startup world.
- You get excited about digging into mountains of data to uncover actionable trends and insights.
- You’re versatile. You’re an advocate for our users with an eye for good design and the ability to understand complex technical issues.
- You strive for continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and leadership.
- You love technology and are comfortable quickly learning new software programs.
Preferred experience or skills
- 1-5 years of product or project management experience.
- Competency with project management and workflow tools like Trello, Github, Asana and Slack.
- Competency with Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides) or similar product suites like Microsoft Office or iWork.
- Ability to rapidly communicate product ideas through wireframes, written specifications and IRL (in real life) conversations.
- Solid understanding of agile product development methodologies.
- QA and logging/tracking bugs in Github or a similar system.
- SQL or database querying (or an interest in picking up the skill).
- Ability to collaborate and manage a mix of in-office and remote teams.
How to apply
- Email rob (at) sawhorsemedia (dot) com
- Include your resume and any relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, Github, etc)
- In your initial email, choose a software (mobile app, saas platform, etc), then explain one feature addition or removal that you think would benefit their business most. Also include one metric that could be analyzed to determine if the addition or removal was successful.
We offer eligible employees the opportunity to participate in our 401k plan, which includes employer
We’ll provide you with a high-end Mac laptop, second screen monitor and anything else you might need to do
your job (software, drawing tablets, adapters, etc.).
You’ll be able to join our health plan, which has one of the largest networks of providers. Muck Rack will
cover half the cost. Vision, dental, virtual doctor, life insurance and disability plans are also available,
along with paid parental leave.
We encourage everyone to grow their skills and networks and will enable you to attend relevant events,
conferences and meetups. We believe in the need to get out of the office and see the world, experience the
market and learn from peers.
We have a generous vacation policy and encourage taking real off-the-grid vacations (no checking email,
Slack, etc. while you’re on vacation.)
We also offer commuter benefits, Citibike membership, gym membership, flexible spending account, Global
Entry/TSA PreCheck, and in-office snacks.