Muck Rack is looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in NYC. Muck Rack’s mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful through our technology. Journalists build and manage portfolios, track the social reach of stories, find career opportunities, and keep up with news about their industry colleagues. PR pros and companies use Muck Rack to effectively pitch story ideas to the right journalists, monitor what’s being said about their company or competitors in real-time, track the success of their media campaigns and generate reports to share with colleagues and clients.
You’ll be working alongside the Editorial Director to expand, update, and maintain Muck Rack’s database of journalists and content producers. Our headquarters are in NYC, but you can be based anywhere for this full time job.
- Grow and maintain Muck Rack’s database of journalists and content producers
- Monitor journalism job changes to be reflected in Muck Rack’s database
- Organize, implement and manage projects to enhance the database, research processes and results
- Hit metric-based goals by increasing database size and quality
- Act as a liaison between journalists and the product development team, by tracking feedback from users
- Work alongside the Customer Success and Business Development teams for journalist technical support and customer’s data requests using a CRM tool, email, social media, and/or phone
- Hire and manage research assistants to work on complex data research projects
- Work with Muck Rack leadership on improvements to the journalist user experience and ideation of new tools for journalists
- Track and improve key performance indicators directly related to overall company growth goals
Preferred skills and interests
- A keen interest and background in the media industry but more specifically journalism and/or public relations
- An ability to take detailed notes and retain information quickly
- Experience conducting data research and working with various research tools
- A knack for thinking outside of the box while conducting research
- Strong personal time management skills
- An outgoing personality with great networking skills to match
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs), Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Fearless when it comes to learning new skills and asking questions
- Ability to be flexible, jump into projects where needed and ready to do whatever it takes to achieve company goals
How to apply
First, create your profile on Muck Rack. Second, send us an email at email@example.com and:
- Tell us why you’re interested in working at Muck Rack.
- Be sure to include a resume and any other materials demonstrate your abilities, work, etc.
We offer eligible employees the opportunity to participate in our 401k plan, which includes employer
We’ll provide you with a high-end Mac laptop, second screen monitor and anything else you might need to do
your job (software, drawing tablets, adapters, etc.).
You’ll be able to join our health plan, which has one of the largest networks of providers. Muck Rack will
cover half the cost. Vision, dental, virtual doctor, life insurance and disability plans are also available,
along with paid parental leave.
We encourage everyone to grow their skills and networks and will enable you to attend relevant events,
conferences and meetups. We believe in the need to get out of the office and see the world, experience the
market and learn from peers.
We have a generous vacation policy and encourage taking real off-the-grid vacations (no checking email,
Slack, etc. while you’re on vacation.)
We also offer commuter benefits, Citibike membership, gym membership, flexible spending account, Global
Entry/TSA PreCheck, and in-office snacks.