Front-line workers are urging the province to take action in response to Manitoba's growing crystal meth crisis after a fire started by a resident at a transitional housing unit has left the man, already suffering in the throes of addiction, homeless and suicidal. Around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, a man living at Winnipeg's Morberg House — apparently high on methamphetamine — barricaded himself in a top-floor suite and set fire to the unit. "He set fire to the mattress.
More than 5,000 people in rural Manitoba are scrambling to rebook appointments for their mammograms after CancerCare Manitoba's two mobile screening vans were hit with mechanical problems about two weeks ago. "We have hit a speed bump but we have a plan to keep it going," said Dr. Donna Turner, the provincial director of population oncology at CancerCare. "It is certainly inconvenient. The breast screening program delivers about 50,000 mammograms in a year. So this is certainly not ideal.
Great strides have been made in treating children's cancer, and 80 per cent of all cases are now successfully treated. A new cross-Canada project is focused on finding treatments for the other 20 per cent. "It's no longer appropriate to be saying 'just add more chemo, do more surgery, do more of this.' It is simply not working," said Dr. Geoff Cuvelier, a pediatric oncologist with CancerCare Manitoba. "We have to begin to think outside of the box. This is exactly what PROFYLE is.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Musk AND Zuckerberg or Musk + Zuckerberg.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used). For example, results will contain either cake or cookie by searching cake OR cookie or cake,cookie
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".