Chaska Herald

Newspaper
Although the Chaska paper has always been the Herald, its original name of Valley Herald was first used in Shakopee in the late 1850s. When Charles Warner, an early Chaska developer, initiated the town’s third newspaper in 1862, he bought the press and other equipment of the Carver Democrat, moved it to Chaska and chose the Valley Herald name. The paper was purchased by Chaska’s DuToit family later in the 1860s and it remained with the family for 107 years. In 1969 the business was sold to William McGarry, of Appleton, Minn.; eventually McGarry and partners Stan Rolfsrud and Gary Welch purchased the Eden Prairie, Jordan and Prior Lake newspapers to expand what was then known as Southwest Suburban Publishing. Source

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market ? Minneapolis-St. Paul
UVMs ? Request pricing
Frequency ? Weekly
Days Published Thu

Chaska Herald Journalists