Keewatin Avenue, in the heart of the Yonge-Eglinton neighbourhood, is named for the Aboriginal term for Canada’s central land mass. In 1855 the Bond family farm stretched from Erskine Avenue, a block south, to Keewatin. It opened up for development in the late 1880s. Since then, the tree-lined street has become home to a mix of people, with many young families as well as older folks who have lived there for many years. The south side of the street from Yonge Street east to Mt.