Mountain Grove News-Journal

Newspaper
The Mountain Grove News-Journal is located on the southeast corner of the Mountain Grove square in a two-story brick building dating back to the late 1800's which was originally a bank. Mountain Grove newspapers have always been an integral part of Mountain Grove history. The News-Journal is a proven performer with a long history of dependability. From 1883 until now the newspaper had several owners and several names. Some of the publications were "The Mountain Prospect" dating 1883; "The Mountain Grove Times" 1884; "The Mountain Grove Breeze" 1886; "The Mountain Grove Journal" 1899; "Mountain Advertiser" 1900; "Mountain Grove News" 1908; "The Mountain Grove Herald" 1917; "Tri-County News" 1949; "Tri-County News-Mountain Grove Journal" 1979; and "The News-Journal" 1983. Orrin and Jackie Barbe entered into a partnership with Lane Davis who was the owner of The Tri-County News at that time. Five years later Barbe bought Davis's half of the newspaper. In May, 1966 he bought the Mansfield Mirror-Republican. In April 1978, he purchased the Mountain Grove Journal from John Ford. He consolidated the two Mountain Grove newspapers, and published the News-Journal and Mirror-Republican until April 1983, when he sold them to Daryl and Dean DeVries. Then, DeVries added The Mountain Grove Shopper and the Southern Missouri Shopper to their list of publications. The DeVries sold the publications to Lebanon Publishing Co. in April, 2002. Source

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market ? Springfield, MO
UVMs ? Request pricing
Frequency ? Weekly
Days Published Wed

Mountain Grove News-Journal Journalists