Barron News-Shield

The history of the Barron News-Shield, the community's oldest business, dates back to Nov. 1, 1876, when A. Dewey published the first issue of the Barron County Shield. The "Shield" was not Barron's first newspaper. That publication was the Barron County Gazette, which opened for business two years earlier in 1874. The publishers were C.W. Carpenter and W.L. Abott, who, in 1875, moved the newspaper to Rice Lake, changing its name to the Rice Lake Chronotype. Source

Outlet Details

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market Minneapolis-St. Paul
UVMs Request pricing
Frequency Weekly
Days Published Wed