The North County News was started on March 26, 1959 by Olin Kettelkamp, who served as the editor.
Based out of Red Bud, the News began as a free publication to 2,400 families of the north Randolph County, Illinois area. At that time, Trudie Mohr was named the society editor and in June she purchased half interest in the paper. In April of 1961, the paper went to subscription. Source