The Putnam County Sentinel is the oldest continuously-operating business in Putnam County since operations started in 1855.
The newspaper began its life in Kalida, which was still the county seat at that time, as the Kalida Sentinel under the ownership of L. Wolfe. The newspaper remained in the village until after the Civil War, moving its operations to Ottawa in 1866. At that time the editor and publisher was M. G. Gillette and he changed the name to the current Putnam County Sentinel. Source