The State Line Observer

Newspaper
The forerunner to the Observer was first published in 1872 with the name the New Era. The name was later changed to the Morenci News. In 1875, the paper was known as the State Line Observer and it eventually became the Morenci Observer.The Green family became the owners in 1929. Ten years later, publisher F. Russell Green died and his widow, Minnie, took over. She served as publisher while also working as a school teacher. Her son, Robert, became publisher in 1949, and while serving in this role, he also pursued varied interests, including oil painting, cross country skiing and racing sailboats. A true Renaissance man, he also spent time as a wine maker, a cigar connoisseur, inveterate walker, horseradish maker, civil servant, stationary bicyclist, avian feeder and commercial printer. Lately, he has entered the world of Sudoku. Source

Outlet Details

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market Toledo
UVMs Request pricing
Frequency Weekly
Days Published Wed