The Daily Citizen (Searcy, AR)

Newspaper
The Daily Citizen started as the Des Arc Citizen in September 1854, by John J. Morrill. Publication was suspended 1862-1866 by destruction of the newspaper office during the Civil War. The newspaper was reopened by J.H. Balding and sold to A.C. Matthews in 1867 and then later sold to J.S. Thomas in 1872. The Citizen consolidated with the Des Arc Argus on May 1, 1880, under the ownership of J.J. Baugh and with the Prairie County Appeal in 1889. The newspaper moved to Searcy in 1889 and the name was changed to White County Citizen. It consolidated with the Searcy Morning Call in 1890 and became a daily newspaper at that time. It further consolidated with the Arkansas Beacon in 1905 and in 1928 it bought out the Searcy Times. Source

Scope Local
Language English
Country United States of America
Media Market ? Little Rock-Pine Bluff
UVMs ? Request pricing
Frequency ? Daily
Days Published Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun