The Woodford Sun began publication in January of 1869.
Clarence Greathouse and Captain Henry McLeod produced the first issue of The Woodford Weekly, as it was then known, and the paper later was published by J. J. Hayes. In about 1875, Daniel M. Bowmar Sr. and others bought the The Woodford Weekly, but the paper was sold a short time later to the Rev. Benjamin Deering when Mr. Bowmar moved to Chicago to return to the insurance business. Source