The Co-op Group has recently been at the centre of several controversies involving sites where communities opposed plans to build retail outlets or housing. In 2015 Dudley Council refused planning permission for two stores proposed on pub sites following a widespread protest. The plans were rejected due to lack of parking provision and possible adverse effects on business. In Sandwell, plans to build a new co-op on the car park of the Haden Cross pub were also rejected.
A ground-breaking manifesto outlining A People’s Food Policy has been published by a coalition of grassroots food and farming organisations, including co-operatives. The manifesto is urging the UK government to develop a progressive food policy ahead of leaving the EU. As Brexit negotiations begin, concerns over failures in the current food system – and how these will be impacted in the future – are increasing.
Following a four-year journey, the Co-op Group has fully offloaded its remaining stake in the Co-operative Bank, leaving the financial institution with zero co-operative ownership. The Group sold 80% of its shares to hedge funds in 2013 as part of a stock market flotation to rescue the Bank following the discovery of a £1.5bn capital hole. Its remaining 20% was reduced to 1% on 1 September as part of a £700m rescue package to recapitalise the Bank. That final 1% has now been sold off.
@santanderukhelp Hello, I have kindly been given a cheque addressed to my newborn son who doesn't have a bank account yet. Can I pay it into my account if I bring along his birth certificate / some ID etc? Thanks
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Musk AND Zuckerberg or Musk + Zuckerberg.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used). For example, results will contain either cake or cookie by searching cake OR cookie or cake,cookie
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".