Officers have begun searching a property in Thornton Heath after a 17-year-old boy was arrested in the early hours of Thursday (September 21) in connection with the Parsons Green terror attack. The Met Police has said the search, which started after the arrest at 12.05am, could take several days. It is the sixth arrest linked to the investigation into a bomb which partially exploded on a London Underground train at Parsons Green station on Friday (September 15), injuring 30 people.
Tram drivers in Croydon have voted overwhelmingly for strike action over what the union calls a "failure to consult" over a new safety device. In total, 94.7% of ASLEF members working on the tram network who voted said they were prepared to take part in strike action, with the remaining 5.3% voting no. When asked whether they were prepared to take part in industrial action short of a strike, 96% said yes and 4% said no. The turnout in the ballot was 61.5%.
There are "widespread and serious failures" in children's services at Croydon Council, according to a damning report published by Ofsted this morning. The education watchdog inspected the authority's children's services this summer and found them to be "inadequate". Inspectors said some children are left at risk of "significant harm" because of the failures.
Muck Rack makes it simple to find people, tweets, or articles that mention any name, keyword, company, hashtag etc. We've compiled this guide to help you make the most of your search.
Selecting a term
Start searching tweets, articles from media outlets, articles mentioned in tweets, journalists'
names, titles and bios with some suggested searches:
Companies or Topics (e.g. iPhone, Microsoft)
Phrases (e.g. "cloud computing") — use quotes to keep the terms together
Twitter handles (e.g. @username) — returns those who have mentioned or replied to
Names (e.g. "David Pogue")
Hashtags (e.g. #sxsw, #london2012)
Bio details (e.g. vegan, Olympics, father)
Muck Rack's Advanced Search allows for many boolean operators.
Find results that mention multiple specified terms, use AND or
+. For example, ensure each result contains both Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg by
searching Obama AND Romney or Obama + Romney.
Use the operators OR or , to broaden your search when you'd like either of
multiple terms to appear in results. (This is the default behavior of our search when no operators
are used.) For example, search for democrat OR republican to find results that refer to
Democrats and/or Republicans.
Use NOT or - to subtract results from your search. For
example, searching Disney will yield results about the Walt Disney Company as well as Walt Disney
World Resort. To exclude mentions of Disney World, search for Disney -World or Disney
When using one of these operators with a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks. For example, you can
find results about smartphones excluding Apple's iPhone 4S by searching smartphone -"iPhone
Exact case matching or punctuation
If you're searching for a brand name or keyword that relies on specific punctuation marks or capitalization, you can
find results that match your exact query by adding matchcase: before the keyword you're searching for, like matchcase:E*TRADE .
Use parentheses to separate multiple
boolean phrases. For example, to find journalists talking about having fun in Disney World or
Disneyland, search for ("disney world" OR disneyland) AND fun.
An asterisk can be used to search for any variation of a root word truncated by the asterisk. For example, searching for admin* will return results for administrator, administration, administer, administered, etc.
A near operator is an AND operator where you can control the distance between the words. You can vary the distance the near operation uses by adding a forward slash and number (between 0-99) such as strawberries NEAR/10 "whipped cream", which means the strawberries must exist within 10 words of "whipped cream".