Balochistan Dispatch
Online/Digital
Independent digital newsroom covering Balochistan with credible reporting, investigative journalism, data-driven analysis and public-interest stories. Source
Actions
Media Outlet details
| Scope | National |
|---|---|
| Language | English |
| Country | Pakistan |
|
Similarweb UVM |
Request pricing |
|
Comscore UVM |
Request pricing |
Recent Articles
Search ArticlesQuetta Woman's Kidnapping Case: Police Arrest Four Suspects
Four men accused of abducting a Quetta woman and subjecting her to violence have been arrested, police said tuesday, same evening woman went public with allegations that her cousins tortured her and tried to force her into marriage.
Man Shot Dead in Targeted Attack Near Zor Market, Turbat
TURBAT: A man was killed in a targeted firing incident near a chicken shop in Zor Market on Tuesday, police said. The victim, identified as Anas, son of Faqir Muhammad and a resident of Zor Market, was standing near the shop when two unidentified armed men on a motorcycle opened fire on him, according to officials. He died on the spot. The assailants fled immediately after the attack. Police have cordoned off the area and launched an investigation. No group has claimed responsibility so far.
Woman, Man Shot Dead in Usta Muhammad; Police Suspect Honor Killing
Unidentified assailants shot dead a woman and a man in Usta Muhammad on Tuesday, in what police described as a suspected honor killing linked to allegations of an extramarital relationship. The attack occurred within the jurisdiction of Usta Muhammad City Police Station. Armed men opened fire on the woman and on Muhammad Amin, said to be her associate, killing both at the scene before fleeing. Police recovered the bodies and shifted them to Civil Hospital Usta Muhammad for post-mortem examination.
ACE Arrests Logistician as Billions in Irrigation Department Embezzlement Surface
The Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) Balochistan has registered a formal case against senior officials of the Irrigation Department, following months of public pressure over an alleged multi-billion-rupee embezzlement scheme involving the illegal auction of state-owned vehicles and heavy machinery at throwaway prices.
Judicial Commission Formed to Probe Managi Dam Attack in Ziarat
The Balochistan government has set up a high-level judicial commission to independently investigate the deadly attack on the Managi Dam Pumping Station in Ziarat district, in which several police and Levies personnel were killed. The commission has been constituted under Section 3(1) of the Balochistan Tribunals of Inquiry Ordinance, 1969, with Justice (Retd.) Muhammad Amir Nawaz Rana appointed as the one-man commission tasked with probing the incident and submitting findings.
Armed Men Set Up Roadblocks Near Surab and Basima, Clashes Reported
Armed men have reportedly set up roadblocks and checkpoints at several locations in the Surab area of Balochistan, according to local reports that could not be independently verified. A large number of armed men are said to have blocked the highway near Gidar, with a significant presence also reported at Basima, Patak, and Zaik. The men are reportedly equipped with heavy weapons and have taken control of stretches of highway in the area.
Home Minister's Convoy Attacked in Mastung, Five Personnel Injured: Langove
Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove said his convoy came under fire in the Mastung area on 14 Augusst , telling a press conference in Quetta that five personnel were injured in the attack. Langove, addressing the media, said he was travelling from Kalat - his home constituency, where he had gone to attend Independence Day events — back to Quetta without a security squad when armed men opened fire on his vehicle. One police vehicle in the convoy was surrounded by the attackers, he said.
Hanna Orak Blast: Two Killed, Two Injured in Explosion
At least two people were killed and two others sustained injuries in an explosion that occurred in the Hanna Orak area of Balochistan on Sunday, official sources confirmed. According to initial reports, the blast took place in a populated locality, triggering panic among residents. Security forces and law enforcement agencies rushed to the scene immediately after the incident and cordoned off the area for investigation.
Balochistan Police Resumes Constable Recruitment
QUETTA:The Balochistan Police has announced the resumption of the recruitment process for vacant Constable (BPS-07) positions across the province, according to an official notice issued by the department. The notice said the recruitment process was initially advertised under PRQ No. 3196/09-01-2026, dated January 10, 2026. A subsequent notice, PRQ No. 3666/06-02-2026, dated February 7, 2026, was also issued in connection with the recruitment process.
Kambari Bridge in Dhadar Hit by Second Blast
The Kambari Bridge in Dhadar was damaged once again on Friday after unknown assailants detonated explosive material at the structure, local sources confirmed. The blast caused partial damage to the bridge. No casualties were reported. https://youtu.be/dOcF_JKY-Gw Security personnel reached the site soon after the explosion and cordoned off the area. Repair work has not yet begun.